Director Of Quality Assurance
Who we are in a nutshell:
👋🏻 Hi, we are FintechOS! we are on a mission to transform how people engage with everyday financial services. Using innovative tools and a deep understanding of the customer journey, our mission is to bring effortless, personalized experiences to everyone.
We empower organizations to become truly customer-centric, helping them to adopt a data-driven approach, and consolidate critical data from multiple sources like databases, legacy systems, or IoT devices. This connectivity accelerates processing, automation, and above all, the delivery of a streamlined experience. Our tech integrates customer data at every level of the customer journey – from the product catalogue to the app. These capabilities free our clients to tailor products, workflows, and interactions to a segment of one.
About the role:
The Director of Software Quality Assurance will be responsible for developing and managing the overall strategy and tactical execution of our quality assurance practice. The director understands and drives a Shift Left culture in quality assurance and partners with peers to establish a quality mindset.
This role partners with engineering and product teams to help scale and build our next generation of FintechOS. The Director of Quality Assurance reports to the VP of Engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function.
- Ensure operational success against pre-established KPIs and SLAs.
- Engages directs and develops operations teams and staff. Activities include leadership development, managing bench strength, succession planning, and developing critical talent.
- Leads continuous improvement activities in partnership with business groups and other IT functional areas.
- Evaluates and monitor tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects.
- Oversees user acceptance, alpha, and beta testing efforts.
- Strengthen company understanding of QA procedures and requirements, developing structure with defined processes.
- Works closely with architecture, product, and implementation teams to validate key design inputs like usability, reliability, performance, supportability, manufacturability, localizability, safety, security, privacy, serviceability, sustainability, and costs
What you’ll have:
- Leadership Skills: The Director of Quality Assurance must be seen as a credible business partner by peers and the leadership team. Must have experience working in a matrix environment and have the ability to lead and influence others without direct control. Must be able to collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships to perform effectively. Create and foster a healthy working environment and a collaborative culture.
- Management Skills: Ability to coach, motivate and inspire others to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise. Ability to nurture a culture of craftsmanship.
- Technical Skills: Proven expertise in testing and automated testing. Proven experience in working with cloud infrastructure, preferably Microsoft Azure. Architectural understanding, ability to learn new technical concepts fast.
- Communication Skills: The director of Quality Assurance must be able to convey very technical information in a non-technical manner to a wide variety of audiences. An individual with excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization. The director of Quality Assurance must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience presenting to the executive leadership team.
- Business Acumen: strong analytical and process management skills and a broad understanding of business strategy and operations.
- Experience in working in a product organization, building standard software for a variety of clients
- Experience in working in a DevOps organization and CI/CD practices
- Several years of experience as a DevOps engineer and or several years of experience working as a test engineer
- Strong understanding of DevOps, SRE, Software Engineering, and Cloud operations practices (not just conceptual)
- We do not need you to deliver code, but you should possess enough technical experience to recognize the quality, reliability, and scalability of your team’s work.
- Great attitude with the ability to drive change and scale the organization beyond its current state.
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries in the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- We are a venture-backed business started in 2017 with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, the UK, and North America
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+people, 3 countries, with a 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, and Bucharest (soon opening in Dubai and Singapore)
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst the top technology companies in Europe and EMEA