Financial Business Analyst
Who we are in a nutshell
👋🏻Hi, we are FintechOS! We are an award-winning provider of SaaS-based end to end financial technology to digitally ambitious banks and insurers. We offer financials the speed and flexibility to create personalized and complete digital journeys through fully automated processes.
FintechOS LightHouse allows institutions to start small, think big and scale fast – with its unique low-code, plug and play approach, FintechOS empowers banks and insurers to build and launch unique products and customer journeys in weeks rather than months.
About the role
FintechOS is looking for a Financial Business Analyst (HR Department) capable to streamline functions, growing financial performance through analysis of financial results and a big passion to learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking, especially related to cost HR cost
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mentioned in virtually any financial analyst job description; familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll records
- Check the monthly timekeeping information for each employee
- Budget tracking with the internal stakeholder
- Work with management systems
What you have
- High proficiency in financial modelling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
Nice to have
- Experience with payroll and employee benefits
- Good follow-up skills; the ability to understand; adaptability to process changes; and a strong sense of importance and ownership
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries in the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
- At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers.
- We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, the UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+ people, 3 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA