Head of Design / Design Director
Location: Amsterdam or London
We are now looking to hire a talented and experienced Design Director within our Marketing Team, based in Amsterdam or London. As a key member of a developing team, you will be full of energy and potential and are hungry to grow with us. We launched our identity early this year and we need you to maintain and evangelize our brand both in and outside the company.
As a Head of Design / Design Director you’ll be critical to every project you are a part of,able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in Brand Identity development and UX/UI, to influence and lead many of the project’s design decisions. You’ll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and as part of a more formal career development across various teams.
What you’ll do everyday:
- You’ll lead design for product/project. This includes driving the future vision of the product/project, making sure it compliments a cohesive overall business experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional Marketing team. You’ll be responsible for all design artefacts produced; from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details.
- You’ll be joining, organizing or facilitating UX/Brand/Design workshops, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis. You’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you’re solving to ensure we don’t just ship the right thing, but we ship the thing right.
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with other teams, PMs, VPs, Developers and Strategists to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
- You’ll be working and communicating cross-functionally within various teams. Therefore, the ability to convince, influence, inspire and enable senior stakeholder management decisions is crucial.
- You’ll demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results.
- Minimum 5+ years of Design Leadership experience. You’ll ideally come from a similar industry, working in B2B SaaS companies with a strong emphasis on Design.
- High level of experience with the following tools; Figma, Adobe Suite, and prototyping tools such as Protopie.
- Proven experience developing the strategy and long-term management of brand guidelines and (design) systems, as well as executing across brand, print, video, motion, editorial, experiential, and digital design.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments
- You must have strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills as well as a strong ability to convince, influence and inspire different audiences and on all levels, including peers, executives and the board.
- Evidence of building and shaping high-performing Design teams.
- A strong passion for mobile UI/UX and always staying up to date with the latest trends.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product and brand design or other related roles
- Experience in consulting or with an agency is a plus.
About the Team
The FintechOS Marketing Team is responsible for delivering remarkable experiences that communicate our brand with the world. Together with our talented team, you’ll work on every type of project and channel: from global events and video to web and campaigns. You’ll level-up our brand, scale creative operations and lead a team of talented teammates to become a new industry benchmark. We make sure the FintechOS brand keeps evolving, improving and is scalable while remaining on-brand.
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries of the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- We are a venture-backed business with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, UK, MENA and North America
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 300+ people, 3 countries with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Societe Generale, Scotia bank, Nationale Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene
To find out more please visit our website: https://fintechos.com/.