Performance Test Engineer
About the role
We are looking for a Performance Test Engineer who will be responsible for validating the performance characteristics of the application and will work closely with architects, developers and the operations team to reach the end goal.
Among the day to day tasks are also to benchmark the application and test it under different HW/SW configurations, so that in the end we get the max output out of our applications.
What you’ll be doing
- Set up the test architecture, performance framework
- Understand the non-functional requirements
- Design the test scripts
- Execute performance/ load/ stress tests on web applications and databases
- Identify the appropriate metrics for monitoring for each type of test
- Interpret the results of the tests
- Create Performance Test Reports
- Interpret the limitation of source load systems and system under test. In other words, make sure you know the problem is in the target system and not in the source.
- Load test RESTful web services
- Simulate complete user journeys in front end web application (native mobile application performance testing experience is a plus)
- Collaborate with the Ops team and Architecture team to tweak and make performance improvements
- Generate large amounts of test data to prepare your workspace (files, pdf, DB entries, connections, etc.)
What you have
- At least 2-3 years hands-on experience with web applications performance testing
- Understand the architecture of an application
- Experience with Cloud testing and Cloud-hosted applications
- Know how to work with certificates/cookies and logging mechanisms
- Scripting language skills (JS/Java/PL/SQL/Ruby/Python etc.)
- JMeter, LoadUI experience or another performance test tool (LoadRunner, NeoLoad, WinRunner, QuickTest Professional, Rational ClearQuest, The Grinder, Silk Performer etc.)
- Database: MS SQL
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries of the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+ people, 3 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA