Principal Lead Architect
What you’ll be doing
We are currently looking for a Principal Lead Architect that will have the following responsibilities:
Architecture Vision and Direction
- Assists with the development of frameworks, standards, policies, principles, and procedures that guide technology decisions and maximize reuse of technology
- Facilitates technical design reviews, ensuring adherence to architectural standards, and consistency across organizational and design boundaries
- Assists in the identification, analysis, and resolution of technology infrastructure problems
- Mentors engineers on business knowledge, technology, and career guidance
- Creates a culture of knowledge sharing and failing forward, providing opportunities for engineers to learn from each other’s successes and challenges
Technical Architecture Development
- Develops the logical and technical architecture for project and platform initiatives and collaborates with project teams to realize them
- Evaluates performance, security, reliability, operations, technology, and interoperability requirements and produces high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products that are flexible, scalable, and secure
- Communicates technical architectures, relevant technologies, practices, platforms, and products to Delivery team and other stakeholders
Technology Monitoring & Evaluation
- Evaluates emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal applications of technology to meet business needs
- Recommends improvements to technology and processes that increase the effectiveness of the team
- Creates proof of concepts to determine the viability of new or different technologies
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education of 11 years
- 10+ years of professional experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering full-stack applications in a production environment
- Programming language polyglot; experience with .NET technology
- Extensive experience with API-driven architectures
- Aware of traditional enterprise architectures in financial institutions and thrive on putting forward a compelling case to think differently
- Knowledge of the role of different components in Integration Architecture as well as API Management
- Have a very good understanding of cloud-native architectures, service orientated, and event-driven architectures and their security consideration
- Experience with mission critical business platforms that power a variety of products and capabilities strongly desired
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries of the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+ people, 3 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA