Senior Database Administrator (Microsoft SQL Server)
We are currently looking for a Senior Database Administrator for the DevOps team whose responsibilities will include:
- Assist Software engineering with the creation and maintenance of robust, scalable DB systems
- Evaluate new and existing DB systems for performance and scalability
- Maintain DB performance by developing tuning strategies and monitoring performance
- Manage and tune logical and physical DB design
- Participate in developing DB requirements and implementing DB projects
- Provide cost analysis for DB solutions across competing public cloud and on-prem implementations as required
- Evangelize DB standards and guidelines, and answer technical and procedural questions from team members
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of database administration experience
- Design, document, implement, monitor, secure and support SQL Server database systems
- Active experience in supporting Azure SQL Server/ Microsoft SQL Server and Application environments
- Create, distribute and enforce standards for user account, group, and database security and configuration for all production databases and for non-production databases that may contain PHI or other sensitive data
- Design, document, implement and monitor archive and other essential log file configuration, operation, and location
- Design, document, implement and monitor backup of critical database files, and other database protection or high availability solutions
- Monitor performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases
- Design, document and implement performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements
- Create, document, and implement standard, secure, high-performance configurations for all database installs
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability
- Cloud computing experience with Azure
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries of the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+ people, 3 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA