Senior QA Engineer
What you’ll be doing
We are currently looking for a Senior QA Engineer that will be working in the Product team, assuring a high quality of the FintechOS platform and whose responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Product Owner, DevOps team and UX designers to understand the requirements
- Test current products and identify deficiencies
- Report bugs and errors to the development teams
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Communicate QA status, progress on deliverables and risks to stakeholders
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
What you have
- At least 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with software debugging tools and protocols (e.g. Fiddler, Charles Proxy, Burp, Wireshark)
- Knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience testing browser-based/web applications
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Attention to details
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Inquisitive and confident by nature with great interpersonal and people skills
- Have exceptional written and verbal English skills
Nice to have skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries of the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 200+ people, 3 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam and Bucharest.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA