Senior Scrum Master
Who we are in a nutshell:
👋🏻 Hi, we are FintechOS! we are on a mission to transform how people engage with everyday financial services. Using innovative tools and a deep understanding of the customer journey, our mission is to bring effortless, personalized experiences to everyone.
We empower organizations to become truly customer-centric, helping them to adopt a data-driven approach, and consolidate critical data from multiple sources like databases, legacy systems, or IoT devices. This connectivity accelerates processing, automation, and above all, the delivery of a streamlined experience. Our tech integrates customer data at every level of the customer journey – from the product catalog to the app. These capabilities free our clients to tailor products, workflows, and interactions to a segment of one.
FintechOS Lighthouse, our customer-centric platform for banking enables the delivery of smarter, profitable products and personalized experiences. Pre-built functionality and low code empower organizations to create value quickly. Move away from legacy systems or keep them in place – it’s all possible. FintechOS Northstar, our customer-centric platform for insurance lets insurers deliver clever products, at a faster rate. Our platform makes continuous innovation and fast go-to-market a reality. At the same time, it reduces costs via end-to-end digital customer journeys and increases efficiencies.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scrum Master to build a safe trusting team environment, facilitating the decision making and the conflict resolution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate and organize all Scrum activities including daily Scrum meetings, sprint and release planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Coach project team to reach higher levels of maturity through continuous improvement
- Promote and advocate a culture of continuous improvement, setting goals and milestones and being accountable for them
- Effectively communicate agile principles, Scrum practices, and overall operating model across the organization
- Holds team resources accountable for their deliverables, helps team with estimation and helps improve velocity, provides/presents dashboards and metrics to understand how the team is performing (burndown charts, velocity metrics etc.)
- Champion the use of metrics and other objective measures across stream aligned teams
- Keep an objective perspective on issues and troubleshoots by applying agile principles
- Hold stand-up meetings with cross-functional teams to review project status
- Support teams in determining the resource allocation to maintain agile practices and ensure smooth project delivery
- Ensure the development processes are followed and contribute to Scrum process improvement activities, aiming to ensure the best quality project outcomes.
- Initiates scaling techniques and events, including Scrum of Scrums, Product Increments planning, cross-team collaboration, large group planning, and dependency mapping
- Ensures adherence to agile practice through program increment planning, retrospectives, etc… for agile teams, and helps chart and implement deeper agility adoption initiatives
- Collaborates with the senior product owner and senior architect to ensure alignment on strategy and execution with teams.
- Facilitates interaction and appropriate communication between scrum teams, architecture, and UX
- Communicate and collaborate with internal (within product engineering) and external customers as needed regarding project deliverables including setting up and managing the right expectations
- Mentor and trains team members and stakeholders on Agile values, principles, and practices
- Have the freedom and power to change things and make them better
What you have:
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development, security principles, and database knowledge
- Very good understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle with a focus on the Agile Scrum development framework
- Knowledge of using and adopting the Scrum Enterprise Frameworks (SaFE, NIT, etc.)
- Experienced in agile coaching for at least three years for a software development team
- Experience in different project management methodologies; Scrum Master Certified certification in SaFE or similar is a plus
- Planned and managed numerous processes and projects simultaneously
- Experience using data and relevant Agile metrics to contribute to product quality and project efficiency
- Effective at understanding KPIs to support the business needs
- Professional experience in an environment that values collaboration
- Strong persuasion, negotiation, and influencing skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in JIRA Software
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Certified Scrum Master/ Practitioner
- Certified Agile (e. g. Professional Scrum Master, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), AgilePM Foundation)
- Experience in application development and Agile tools (e.g. Jira/Atlassian suite)
- Very good command of the English language.
We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries in the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
• We are a venture-backed business started in 2017 with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, the UK, and North America
• Scaling globally at a high speed: 400+people, 6 countries, with a 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
• More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam, and Bucharest (soon opening in Dubai, Singapore, and New York)
• FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene
• FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst top technology companies in Europe and EMEA