Site Reliability Engineer
Who we are in a nutshell:
👋🏻 Hi, we are FintechOS! We are an award-winning provider of SaaS-based end-to-end financial technology to digitally ambitious banks and insurers. We offer financials the speed and flexibility to create personalized and complete digital journeys through fully automated processes.
FintechOS LightHouse allows institutions to start small, think big, and scale fast – With its unique low-code, Plug’n’Play approach, FintechOS empowers banks and insurers to build and launch unique products and customer journeys in weeks rather than months.
About the role
FintechOS is looking for an SRE Engineer responsible for ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly, can solve problems, and automate operations tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect, build, and maintain the operational awareness continuous feedback loop for the FintechOS Cloud instances by defining relevant SLIs, SLOs, using the native Azure Monitor stack complemented with Grafana
- Improve the ITSM-related processes around Incident/Problem/Change Management with relevant automation and drive postmortem analysis.
- Standardize and automate the operational model of a FintechOS Cloud instance using Infrastructure-as-a-Code and configuration management (Request Fulfillment)
- Continuously improve the FintechOS Cloud deployment model to address reliability, performance, and scalability problems using infrastructure-as-a-code, pipelines-as-a-code, policies-as-a-code, and configuration management scripts
What you have
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in the design, installation & maintenance of an enterprise infrastructure environment, including data center and overall IT infrastructure (physical & virtual).
- Have a continuous improvement mindset towards daily work, especially with automation
- Solid understanding of server architecture and cloud infrastructure platforms (SAAS, PAAS, IAAS) on Azure and/or AWS.
- Strong technical understanding of overall infrastructure including but not limited to enterprise WAN & LAN networking, security, troubleshooting processes, virtual & physical infrastructure, and server & data center management.
- Solid understanding of Software Development/Systems Engineering practices, tools, and architectural patterns.
- Experience in deploying High Availability & Disaster Recovery/BCP solutions.
- Good knowledge & understanding of Enterprise Application Integration and building software solutions on cloud platforms.
- Ability to understand and/or write scripts with a programming language (Java, Python, PowerShell, etc.).
Would be a big plus here:
- Previous hands-on software development experience with enterprise applications
- Docker, Kubernetes, and related orchestration technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration skills
- Cloud certifications
- Direct involvement in building a monitoring/observability solution for a cloud-distributed web application
- We are a highly motivated bunch of people, taking on a huge technical challenge in one of the biggest industries in the world. We’re fully aware that the impact of our work can be felt by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
- At FintechOS, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers.
- We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
- FintechOS is 2020’s hottest FinTech Startup, according to the Europas Awards, an event launched in 2009 by TechCrunch’s editor-at-large, Mike Butcher, to recognize and celebrate the innovation emerging from Europe’s burgeoning tech startup scene.
- We are a venture-backed business started in Bucharest, with a big list of international clients already under our belt, serving customers in Europe, the UK, and North America.
- Scaling globally at a high speed: 400+ people, 4 countries, with 100% YOY growth rate over the last years
- More than 40+ institutions run on FintechOS technology including Erste Bank, Société Générale, Scotiabank, Nationale-Nederlanden, Hyperion Insurance Group, Vienna Insurance Group and many more. We operate in 20 markets, across four continents with a total of $85bn in assets under management and we have offices in London, Amsterdam, Bucharest, and New York.
- FAST 50 & FAST 500 ranked by Deloitte amongst the top technology companies in Europe and EMEA